Call the Nunavut QuitLine at 1-866-3NU-QUIT (368-7848)
Smokers who talk to a counsellor are twice as likely to quit.
Talk to one of the quit coaches at the NU QuitLine. These counsellors are friendly and knowledgeable. They know a lot about tobacco and quitting smoking. They will support you through the challenge!
Who should call?
- anyone who wants to quit within the next 30 days;
- anyone who has quit, but needs more support;
- a panic caller who has quit, but might slip;
- anyone who is considering quitting;
- anyone who wants to support a friend or family member with quitting; or
- a health care provider who wants information about tobacco.
What is a call like?
Calling a Quit Coach from the NU QuitLine is just like calling a friend to talk. At first your Quit Coach will need to ask you a few questions to make sure they can give you the best advice. Remember, you don’t need to answer these questions if you don’t want to.
Your Quit Coach is there to talk to you about anything and everything tobacco related. They can help you from wanting to quit; to starting your quit; to adjusting to your new tobacco-free life; and everything in-between.
The service is both private and free. Counsellors can help you in Inuktitut, English, Inuinnaqtun and French. Call the Nunavut QuitLine at 1-866-3NU-QUIT (368-7848).